The Reason For My Joy . . .

The Reason For My Joy . . .

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Alexa's Baptism
















On January 2nd, Alexa was baptized. (I'm finally getting around to posting those pictures.) I can't believe she is old enough to be held accountable for her actions. She is growing up so fast! Her baptism was a very special day and one on which many tears were shed. Tears of joy and gratitude were shed because we are so thankful that Alexa is here on this earth with us. We came too close to losing her and never experiencing her baptism. Tears of sorrow were shed because I was very sad that my Mom and Dad weren't there to share in the joy of that day. My Dad was in the hospital at that time and my Mom was with him. Despite all the tears, however, it was a glorious day and one that I will remember for the rest of eternity. I only hope Alexa will remember the sweet spirit that was there as she entered the baptismal font that January day.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! I wish we could have been there for her! She looks so darling! I can't believe Dad isn't going to be at Megan's baptism either! It makes me so sad! I am so glad he was able to join in the circle when Bella was blessed. That was right when he was starting to get sick! I am so glad that we did it when we did! Love you

    ReplyDelete