The Reason For My Joy . . .

The Reason For My Joy . . .

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I love you Daddy!

Sometimes the Lord asks us to do things we never thought were possible and then He gives us the strength to endure and we grow in ways we never thought were possible. If you were to have asked me just two years ago if I could handle the trial of losing my beloved Dad at such a young age, I would have said, "no way." This past year has probably been the most difficult year of my life. I never in a million years would have predicted that I would be asked to live more than half of my life without my Dad here on earth with me. But as of today, January 12th, I have survived one year. I miss my Dad more than words can express, and it pains me every day to know that my Mom is alone and lonely, but I have made it one year, and it has flown by. Before I know it, it will be two years, and then three. I have had the opportunity to spend more time with my Mom this past year and have been blessed with some spiritual experiences that have helped me to know that my Dad is not far from me. Thank you, Daddy for being the amazing Dad you were on earth and for still being with us and watching over us! You have indeed left behind a legacy!

2 comments:

  1. He really has left behind a legacy! I can't believe it has been a year today either! I hope Mom is doing okay today! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss him so much. We were so lucky to have such a wonderful person as a father.

    ReplyDelete