The Reason For My Joy . . .

The Reason For My Joy . . .

Monday, February 28, 2011

More Cute Things Said by my Kids

Landon:
As I had mentioned in my last post, Joe was just released from the bishopric after almost six years of service. Landon was only one when Joe was put in the bishopric and so he doesn't even remember what it was like before his Daddy was so busy. So on Sunday, after we got home from church, I was asking the kids how they felt about Daddy being released. Landon responded with, "I'm kind of sad that Daddy won't be the main character anymore." I had to laugh at Landon's perception of what a member of the bishopric was. I guess I'm just the supporting actress or even just an extra in the scene.

Andrea:
Tonight, Andrea asked Daddy if the reason he fixed his hair the way he did was so he could get married. Joe told her that he was already married. Her eyes got real big and she said, "You are? Who are you married to?" Joe laughed and said that he was married to Mommy. She was skeptical because of Joe's constant sarcasm and after a pause said, "I'm going to go ask Mommy." Sure enough, she came to me and said, "Mommy, did you marry Daddy?" I told her, yes. She then said, "So, you married Daddy and he married you?" I, of course said yes. She looked real surprised and said, "Oh." I kind of thought that our wedding pictures displayed throughout the house was explanation enough, but I guess I should take the time to explain to our kids that Joe and I are married. It would be pretty embarrasing if Andrea told people that her Mommy and Daddy weren't married!

1 comment:

  1. You have some pretty funny kids! Does best supporting actress mean you have to sit down and wrestle the kids during sacrament? I don't think I would want that award!!

    ReplyDelete